Monday, September 3, 2012

Macro Lense | Tammy Mayfield Photography

      My children & I decided we wanted to go for a walk on this beautiful day & we came across some interesting things outside.  I grabbed my new Macro lense & took it with us, giving it a whirl on our afternoon adventure...I was sure we'd find something interesting to try it out on, & that we did.   :-)   I've heard great things about the Macro & couldn't wait to try it out on something small & detailed.  
      
      Our first find was this crazy, fuzzy looking caterpillar munching on a leaf. After snapping my shutter button the bokeh effect was just amazing that came through in the background!  Would you believe its from the leaves on the very tree the caterpillar called home with a white house in the background??  

      Not far from the caterpillar was a cute little colorful moth just sitting there on a leaf watching us.  He let us come really close to take his picture & once we took a few he finally grew bored with us &  flew off to another branch on the hedge line far from our viewing position.  

       Finally, as the Sun began to set we noticed two trees with an abandoned web attached to each of the trunks.  The kids thought it would be perfect for Halloween & Fall, so for them I took this photo. After playing a little with the light from the setting sun I found a perfect capture.  A little 'tweaking' in Lightroom helped to bring out the colors of Autumn almost perfectly...  

       Today, the kids & I  had so much fun just spending quality family time together walking & talking about many things as well as finding some interesting things to look at outside, kinda like a scavenger hunt!  Something I think we are going to plan on doing more of--its a big world out there & we are ready for more exploring! 
                                                        
                                                                   And by the way, I LOVE my new Macro!!






No comments:

Post a Comment