Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Cookies & Fun! | Tammy Mayfield Photography

    Christmas cookies are a tradition everywhere around the World, including my kitchen.  Its a tradition in my family that dates back ALL the way to my great-grandmother.  Her mother taught her & she taught her daughters who then taught my mother who eventually taught me & my sister.  My family cookie recipe is still loved & used today by all of my family members, & I must say we are a considerably large family!  So thats a LOT of cookie making, especially at Christmas-time!!

    In our house, we actually make it a whole family affair where we all help out in one way or another whether it be mixing the ingredients, 'sampling the dough' to make sure its definitely sugary enough {well, that what my kids tell me, anyways...} rolling the dough & cutting out the shapes using many Christmas cookie cutters we've accumulated over the years adding to the old tin originals that were handed down with the original recipe.

     I now teach my kids, both my boys & my daughter & we make it part of our tradition of the Christmas festivities.  My husband even has the designated job of 'taste-testing' a handful to make sure they are baked to perfection (lol).  Here are a few shots I took of my children as they took turns ingredient mixing, shaping, rolling, cutting & baking a delicious batch {or three} of  Great-Grandma's famous family cookies....

                                                          ALL HANDS ON DECK!!

2 perfect doughy snowmen & my youngest sons version of a 'demolished' snowman.  Silly boy.
AND....the finished result!  Well, at the end we ran into a slight problem....This 'Momma' forgot to buy Christmas colored sprinkles, but we had some decorative Autumn colors left over from our Thanksgiving baking.  Sugar is sugar we say & they tasted as de-lish as ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment